We are seeking a veterinarian to undertake a postgraduate research project on reptarenaviruses and the pathogenesis of Boid Inclusion Body Disease (BIBD).
The project will focus on in vitro and molecular biological studies.
The position is available as of 1 August 2016, initially for 12 months.
The post holder has the following tasks:
- Practical work on dissertation project
- Contribution to the post mortem diagnostic service (pathology internship)
The successful applicant fulfils the following requirements:
- EU-recognised veterinary degree
- Keen interest in pathology and postgraduate training in the specialisation, interest in infectious diseases and laboratory work
- Very good English and German skills (spoken and written)
- Dissertation (Dr.med.vet.) and training in pathology (internship) with the option for a subsequent residency towards the Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Pathologists
- Salary according to the guidelines of the SNF
Please submit your written application with your CV and letter of motivation by 25.07.2016 to:
Institute of Veterinary Pathology
Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich