The laboratory LAPVSO is a well established french diagnostic veterinary laboratory (founded in 1990) specialised in histopathology, cytopathology and dermatopathology. It is one of the biggest diagnostic veterinary laboratories in France, with up to thirty six thousand cases received annualy including four thousand dermatologic cases. Tissue specimens are mainly form dogs, cats, horses and exotic animals. Clients submitting cases to the laboratory are referral or routine practices mainly from France.
The laboratory is located in the South of France in Toulouse. Being the 4th largest city and the 2nd university town in France, Toulouse is the hub of France's aerospace industry, biotechnology and high tech research and development. It has an ideal geographic location, near the Pyrenees, Spain, the Atlantic or the Mediterranean coast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking for a Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist , with a client-oriented approach who has both training and experience in the field of Dermatopathology.
Applicants must :
- speak french (mainly french Writing and french Reading). Applicants who are not French native speakers are expected to acquire an adequate knowledge of the French language within a reasonable period of time.
- have a doctorate of veterinary medicine (DVM) or equivalent foreign degree
- have a post-graduate training and experience in anatomic pathology, with an emphasis on dogs and cats.
- have further post-graduate experience in Dermatopathology
- Either be:
- Board certified by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists; or
- Board certified by the European College of Veterinary Pathologists;
The salary will be based on qualifications and experience of the successfull appliquant.
For further information on the Laboratory LAPVSO, please visit the website www.lapvso.com