Are you looking to apply your scientific expertise and skills in computerized pathology, at the same time enhancing your experience as Toxicologic Pathologist? Are you agile, self-motivated and responsible with a pro-active mindset and eager to drive innovation in the area of Digital Pathology?
Then join our Pathology group, which is part of the department of Nonclinical Drug Safety of Boehringer Ingelheim’s largest R&D campus for Human Pharma in Biberach an der Riss, Germany.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You lead the transformation of the pathology group towards an increasingly digital work mode, in close interaction with our internal and external partners and CROs.
- You manage the Laboratory of Digital and Remote Pathology.
- You drive ideas and provide expertise to support mechanistic investigations in toxicologic pathology with digital solutions, e.g. AI algorithm development.
- You act as study pathologist for exploratory, regulatory and mechanistic toxicity studies to include input on study design, contribution of gross and microscopic evaluation and integrated reporting.
- You perform peer reviews of in-house studies and studies performed at CROs.
- You contribute to interdisciplinary development projects and to phase-transition and regulatory submission documents.
- You establish and maintain a network with other Boehringer Ingelheim sites, academia and industry in order to achieve optimum investigative strategies and scientific results, especially within the area of digital pathology and AI.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine; Board certified ECVP or ACVP or equivalent
- Work experience in Toxicologic Pathology in a GLP environment
- Advanced computer skills and strong interest in digital pathology and AI; experience in this area is a plus
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory standards and GLP requirements, including validation of computerized systems
- Strong scientific interest and analytical capacity, target- and strategy-oriented work attitude
- Open-minded personality and strong team player, preferably with work experience in team management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are mandatory, good knowledge of German is an asset
For further information and on-line application, please click here.