The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche’s largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland — a great place to live and work.
The Comparative Medicine Department in Basel is building upon excellence in its animal care program and seeks exceptional individuals to apply for the position of Clinical Veterinarian. The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Veterinary care: provide the necessary health care of various animal species including rodents, non-human primates, and mini pigs. Participate in veterinary on-call schedule
- Apply preventive medicine programs including rodent sentinel, vendor surveillance and quarantine programs
- Manage programs for pre- and postoperative care, anaesthesia and analgesia
- Animal Model Support: Based on scientific need, work with scientists to procure and prepare animal models for rodent and non-rodent species to meet research goals
- Provide guidance of protocol development for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Animal Welfare and Regulatory Compliance: Ensure regulatory compliance with company guidelines, local regulations and maintenance of full accreditation by AAALAC. Participate in internal facility/programmatic evaluations
- Teaching: Participate to the internal training to researchers and animal care staff.
If you are interested, please apply online until October 1st.