1 out of 10 people are diagnosed with an autoimmune or autoinflammatory disease. This is why the Autoimmunity, Transplantation & Inflammation (ATI) Disease Area group at the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR) is investing in the discovery of innovative and transformative therapies to improve the life of affected patients. As part of this effort, ATI is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Molecular Pathologist, who will lead an experimental pathology lab within the Translational Research group within ATI.
Your responsibilities will include
- Use samples from animal models and from healthy and diseased human tissues to
- Further our understanding of the integrated biology of immunological pathways
- Validate these pathways as pharmacological targets in immunologically mediated diseases
- Develop mechanism- and pathway-based biomarkers of disease
- Develop pharmacodynamics endpoints of pharmacological intervention
- Use of state-of-the-art imaging modalities such as confocal microscopy, laser capture microdissection and digital image quantification to address key scientific questions
- Provide pathology expertise for clinical proof of concept studies
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams in discovery and translational research
What you’ll bring to the role:
- MD or DVM with relevant human pathology experience; plus PhD-level research background
- Board-certified Pathologist
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, German desirable
- Strong Experimental Pathology background/expertise
- Training and interest in Autoimmune and Dermatological Diseases highly desirable
- Experience in animal mechanistic and disease models as well as human biosamples
- Strong background and expertise in immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization, immunoflourescence and confocal microscopy, laser capture microdissection, automated digital slide scanning systems and quantitative digital image analysis software
- Strong leadership skills - experienced line management, development of team members and retention of high performers
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, innovative thinking and project management skills
Why Consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.