- Continuous, full time position
- Senior Lecturer | $114k-$131k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Associate Professor | $137k-$151k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Clinical & Professional Practice work profile
- Ref: 1185G04/202347
Veterinary Medicine is responsible for the training of veterinary science graduates and the degree program has received international accreditation. Veterinary Pathology is a key discipline within the School of Veterinary Medicine, comprising anatomic and clinical pathology sections.
The discipline also contributes to research in pathology and supports a diagnostic service (necropsy and histopathology) for The Animal Hospital. Teaching pathology and related subjects (e.g. histology) extends to other courses within the College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education.
The successful candidate will be expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of the school and to play a major role in scholarship and professional activities. Applicants should refer to the Position Descriptions for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role at both levels; please note that a Teaching and Research work profile will also be considered.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- A PhD in an area relevant to appointment (refer to position description)
- A veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
- Board certification in veterinary pathology (e.g. Dip ACVP, Dip ECVP, FANZCVS, or equivalent) or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in supervising honours, postgraduate and HDR students.
For more information or to apply
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au to view the Position Description and apply, or to find out more about joining Murdoch.
Please see the Applicant Guide Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. Please note that visa sponsorship is available for the successful candidate. for more information.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: 30th August 2019 (11:59pm)