Job opportunity: Specialist in Veterinary Anatomical Pathology
Veterinary Pathology Diagnostic Services
- Deliver critical support and shared leadership to the diagnostic pathology team
- Full-time continuing
- Remuneration package: $134K-$142K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
Veterinary Pathology Diagnostics Services (VPDS) is a unit within the Faculty of Veterinary Science and is the predominant veterinary pathology diagnostic service of the Faculty and University, providing for professional postgraduate training and undergraduate teaching in veterinary pathology as well as providing a focus for veterinary pathology research and community outreach.
We are currently seeking a Specialist in Veterinary Anatomical Pathology to provide high quality anatomical pathology services to the Veterinary Pathology Diagnostic Services unit. In this role you will:
- Provide expertise, analysis and reporting on veterinary pathology specimens to a range of clients
- Coordinate and manage the necropsy service
- Contribute to the development and management of an expanded veterinary undergraduate intern program
- Provide excellent teaching of undergraduate students, predominantly in the laboratory demonstrating gross and microscopic anatomical and clinical pathology skills
- Provide continued management, support and development of the electronic laboratory management system to facilitate the efficient functioning of the anatomical and clinical pathology laboratories within VPDS
- Provide professional support for academic staff by providing anatomical and clinical pathology teaching and demonstrating
- Develop material for research, teaching and learning, including electronic images, slide collections, museum material, and case studies
To be successful in this position you will have:
- a Veterinary Science degree registrable in NSW with membership of Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in veterinary pathobiology
- board certification by the ACVP/ECVCP or Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientist in Anatomical Pathology, permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Surgeons Board as a Specialist in Veterinary Anatomical Pathology
- experience in undergraduate teaching, and in mentoring honours and post graduate students in anatomical and/or clinical pathology
- qualifications in Teaching and Learning at the tertiary level
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- effective administrative skills, time management and problem solving abilities
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1575/0916 for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11:30pm 25 November 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.