33rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the BSTP
Pathology of Mouse Models of Disease
Thursday 15th & Friday 16th November 2018
MedImmune, Granta Park, Cambridge, UK
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
To register, or for more information - CLICK HERE!
Based on the approach of previous mouse pathology meetings organised by the Wellcome Trust in 2012, 2014 and 2016, this meeting will aim to have a mix of talks to enable those in the early stages of their career to learn about mouse pathology basics and for the more experienced pathologists the aim is to enable them to refresh their knowledge on the basics, whilst including talks on advances in mouse pathology, including:
- Animal models in the age of CRISPR technology
- Animal models in oncology drug development
- Humanised mouse models in infectious disease research
- Automated image analysis and artificial intelligence in pathology
- Taking images for publication
- Environmental effects on model phenotypes
- A ‘toolkit’ for pathology – recognition of gross lesions, taking samples, fixatives, special stains, RNAscope, tissue trimming and embedding, creating pathology data, INHAND, goRENI, comparative histopathology, comparative histopathology, strain and age-related differences.
Trainee/Early Career Pathologist Opportunities
The BSTP are delighted to be able to offer 10 PhD students/residents the opportunity to attend (free of charge) the full meeting (Thursday 15th and Friday 16th November 2018) or as a day delegate (on Thursday 15th November 2018 only). In addition (if not already a member of the BSTP), successful candidates will receive a year’s free membership of the BSTP worth £60.
Sponsorship and Promotional Opportunities
Unfortunately, at this event it is not possible for the BSTP to host a trade exhibition, however, we feel that by providing support for this event it will allow you to promote your company services to a diverse group of toxicological and experimental pathologists. We are currently looking for company branded USB memory sticks, lanyards, pens and notepads; in exchange, the BSTP will promote your companies services by means of an advert in the delegate booklet or leaflets in the delegate packs.
Applications for Trainee/Early Career Pathologist places closes at midnight on Monday 31st July 2018
Early bird registration closes at midnight on Sunday 30th September
Registration closes at midnight on Sunday 21st October 2018
So, if you are you looking for some high quality CPD and would you like to broaden your understanding on Pathology of Mouse Models of Disease then this is the meeting for you.
If you have any queries, or require further information regarding this symposium, please contact:
BSTP │ PO Box 819│ Harrogate HG1 9XF│ North Yorkshire│ UK
Tel: + 44 (0)7894 123 533