Full-Time 40 hours per week | Permanent Salary: neg. on experience
NationWide Laboratories, as an independent veterinary diagnostic laboratory, are dedicated to the improvement of animal health through direct support of veterinary practices in the UK and worldwide. We have been delivering service for over 30 years. NationWide Laboratories is a trading entity of National Veterinary Services Ltd. (NVSL).
What you will be doing
- Review of samples, to produce interpretive reports for submitting veterinary practices.
- Evaluate histology and cytology samples to produce descriptive and interpretive reports for submitting veterinary practices
- Fulfil statutory RCVS requirements regarding to maintenance of professional competency – including CPD, current advances and industry concepts
- Participate in team activity /meetings / events
- Participate in production of materials for presentations/newsletters/literature to further promote the business
- To attend congresses for CPD or to promote the business
- Work with submitting practice team to ensure suitability of samples and diagnostic tests requested
- Liaise with technical staff regarding diagnostic tests – existing and new to ensure they meet client requirements and professional standards
- Participate in staff training and development
- Deliver high levels of customer service through telephone and face to face interactions
- Maintain knowledge of LIMS system and IT processes
Working for us
- 32 days paid holiday (including bank holiday) (Pro-Rata)
- Extra holidays for long service
- Life assurance benefit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking and Wi-Fi
- A 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme – offering a range of support services to help you to resolve difficulties in your home-life
- Savings related share option plan
- Christmas hampers
- Eye-sight vouchers for VDU users
- Enhanced company pension scheme
Who we are looking for
- Veterinary Degree and MRCVS
- UK, European or Amercican Board qualifications
- Post graduate qualifications in Veterinary Clinical Pathology FRCpath or equivalent
- Demonstrable pathology experience
- Keyboard, excel, word, telephone, fax and email.
- Good organisational skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear, concise, communication skills
- Customer focussed
- Supportive and directive team member
- Honest, trustworthy,Positive attitude
Successful applicants will be required to disclose any unspent criminal convictions to the Company. A DBS check may be carried out in compliance with Home Office guidelines.
NVSL is committed to equality of opportunity and this underpins our employment and recruitment procedures. We use objective, job-related criteria when making appointment decisions and our selection criteria is based on skills, experience, qualifications and an ability to do the job.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we will not contact candidates that have not been selected for interview. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
By continuing with your application for employment you are confirming you agree with our Privacy Notice.