We are seeking a veterinarian to undertake a postgraduate research project on the pathogenesis of chronic cardiac diseases in dogs and cats.
The project will examine functional aspects and combine morphological and molecular biological approaches.
The position is available from 1. August 2014, initially for 12 months.
The post holder has the following tasks:
- Practical work on dissertation project
- Contribution to the post mortem diagnostic service (pathology internship)
The successful applicant fulfils the following requirements:
- EU-recognised veterinary degree
- Keen interest in pathology and postgraduate training in the specialisation, interest in functional pathogenesis, histology and immunohistology
- Very good English skills (spoken and written), interest in the German language
- Dissertation (Dr.med.vet.) and training in pathology (internship) with the option for a subsequent residency towards the Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Pathologists
- Opportunity for a training module in clinical cardiology
- Salary according to the guidelines of the SNF
Please submit your written application with your CV by 15.05.2014 to:
University of Zurich
Institute of Veterinary Pathology