The University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna is dedicated to teaching, research, and services for the safeguarding of animal health. We see these tasks as a contribution to the health of people and their animal companions, as well as to the production of healthy food.
The Department of Pathobiology of the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, has an opening for a
Professor of Veterinary Pathology, in accordance with § 98 UG 2002.
Areas of responsibility:
Head of the Institute of Pathology and Forensic Veterinary Medicine. Representation of the subject in research, teaching, continuing education, and services at the Vetmeduni. Collaboration with the university clinics, internal and external research groups and institutions.
- Veterinary medical research within the framework of the Vetmeduni profiles and strengthening the research priorities of the Department of Pathobiology
- Development of strategies for future research projects
- Grant acquisition
- Organization of the range of services of the Institute
In teaching, coordination and implementation of tasks for the study of veterinary medicine and other courses of studies at the Vetmeduni Vienna.
Establishment and oversight of a residency training within the framework of the European College of Veterinary Pathologists (ECVP), and oversight of internship programmes.
- Completed degree in veterinary medicine (habilitation or equivalent qualification)
- Diplomate of the European or American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ECVP/ACVP)
- Comprehensive experience in teaching and pedagogical skills
- Internationally successful scientific activities, as evidenced by the record of publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- Evidence of involvement in international research
- Experience in grant acquisition
- Leadership qualities – strong communication and management skills
Desirable additional qualifications
- Relevant experience abroad
- Applicants whose mother tongue is not German are expected to acquire an adequate knowledge of the German language within a reasonable period of time.
The professor will be hired under an unlimited employment contract at the level A1 of the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Payments exceeding the minimum remuneration in said collective-bargaining agreement (€ 4571.20) may be negotiated within the framework of the appointment negotiations.
The Vetmeduni Vienna strives to increase the proportion of women in leadership positions and a balanced proportion of women and men employed by the University, in accordance with para. 41 of the University Law of 2002, in particular for scientific personnel. Qualified female applicants are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply. In case of underrepresentation (less than 40%) of female applicants, equally qualified female applicants will be given preference over male applicants, unless factors specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance.
Application deadline: 15 May 2014
Presentations and interviews are likely to take place in calendar week 29.
The Vetmeduni Vienna has been awarded the certificate “job and family”, and we look forward to applications of candidates with family competencies. We also welcome applications from people with special needs.