New South Wales Department of Primary Industries (DPI) is seeking to appoint a Team Leader of Pathology Services. This role will lead a dynamic diagnostic team that is part of the EMAI animal and plant diagnostic and research team, ensuring a coordinated diagnostic response with efficient, timely and quality assured based testing and advice for terrestrial and aquatic animal pests and diseases.
This position will maintain a veterinary pathology case load and oversee a Veterinary Pathology Residency program. The successful applicant must have demonstrated experience in management of a diverse professional team providing them with leadership and direction in disease response and with a sound knowledge of terrestrial and aquatic animal pests and diseases.
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the team in the provision of diagnostic and research services to deliver high quality pathology support to primary industries, Local Land Services and public sector clients within agreed timeframes.
- Provide scientific leadership and advice to professional and senior technical staff on animal diseases and pests across a broad range of species to ensure that decisions and project activities meet professional and client expectations.
- Maintain active linkages with relevant sectors of the Australian government, other States, animal industry sectors, private veterinarians and Local Land Services.
About the Department & Branch
This is an exciting time to join NSW Biosecurity & Food Safety Division within the Department of Primary Industries (DPI). This Division is responsible for the effective management of biosecurity threats to NSW and for providing certainty in the safety and integrity of the food supply chain in NSW.
DPI Biosecurity & Food Safety Division provides frontline diagnostic and analytical services to primary industry stakeholders and customers within NSW, Australia and internationally. The commercial testing and accreditation service offered to industry customers ensures market access for many agricultural commodities including export shipments of livestock, olive oil and seed.
Our laboratories are equipped to deliver world-class commercial laboratory services. Our reputation for excellence in animal and plant health diagnostics, feed quality testing, and edible oil testing and evaluation plays a vital role in keeping Australian primary industries competitive.
How to Apply / Contact
How to Apply - When applying for the role, your application should consist of a ONE page cover letter outlining your suitability and related experience. A resume (maximum THREE pages) should also be attached. You will also be asked to address the below questions in the application form:
- Please provide an account of when you have had to lead and coordinate an innovative diagnostic program across a large organisation.
- Describe a time when you have led a team to improve the effectiveness of service delivery.
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 19th November 2017.
Applications must be lodged electronically via www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au . A recruitment pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next twelve months.
The NSW Department of Industry is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements.