NationWide Laboratories (NWL) operates a group of commercial diagnostic veterinary laboratories across the UK supporting a wide customer base of veterinary practices. NWL are part of National Veterinary Services Limited (NVSL), the UK’s leading veterinary wholesaler and part of the Patterson Companies group.
We are a Values driven organisation:
- creating partnerships with our employees, customers and suppliers.
- making our mark through innovative, intelligent ideas.
- maintaining integrity through straightforward, honest and reliable business practices.
We are seeking a full-time Anatomic Pathologist to join our diagnostic pathology team.
Role responsibilities include:
- Routine diagnostic anatomic pathology reporting and liaising with the submitting veterinary surgeon on thesuitability and significance of laboratory investigations.
- In addition to general diagnostic histopathology, encouragement will be given for specialisation in organsystems and species.
- Previous experience in cytology is desirable but not essential for this role.
- Management of your continuing professional development and learning, with support from the business forappropriate CPD and additional learning.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Veterinary Degree and MRCVS.
- Postgraduate qualification in Veterinary Anatomic Pathology (ACVP, ECVP, FRCPath) or relevantexperience.
- Demonstrable anatomic pathology experience.
- Training to Board level with support from our experienced Board qualified team can be considered ifdesired.
The successful applicant will be:
- Able to manage their own workload on a daily basis.
- Self-motivated and results-focussed with a positive outlook and responsive to change.
- Committed to customer service excellence.
- Capable of operating accurately to specified deadlines and under pressure.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply by email (attaching an up to date CV), highlighting your suitability for the role and stating your current salary to:
NVSL is committed to equality of opportunity and this underpins our employment and recruitment procedures. We use objective, job-related criteria when making appointment decisions and our selection criteria is based on skills, experience, qualifications and an ability to do the job.