Our Bioscience Research Division works on innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers in sectors, such as the agricultural sector or food industry. Our goal is to improve the quality of life and protect the environment through bioscience. Our creative and diverse team embodies mutual respect and develops market-driven innovations, which make our customers successful.
Our Pathology team focuses on the whole pathology technique from necropsy to histopathological assessment of tissues from animal studies.
- You are the pathologist for all types of mechanistic and regulatory studies.
- For that, you ensure scientific evaluation and interpretation of pathology data by concurrent adherence to international regulatory guidelines, INHAND nomenclature, GLP as well as ISO principles.
- You can bring in your scientific and technical expertise in immunohistochemistry techniques, digital pathology and associated molecular pathology applications.
- Moreover, you have the chance to develop as well as establish new methods and contribute to publications and communication whenever possible.
- You supervise necropsies and perform histopathological examinations on a wide variety of laboratory species.
- PhD in veterinary medicine or equivalent and additional certified qualification in veterinary pathology
- board certification by the European or the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (DECVP or DACVP) or equivalent
- ideally, expertise in toxicologic or investigative pathology from a Contract Research Organization or pharmaceutical industry
- knowledge of basic toxicology, laboratory animal science and animal welfare
- fluent in written and spoken English
- high level of interpersonal skills, such as strong leadership and management skills
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
Do you have questions about the application process or the job? Ms. Julia Dyballa (Talent Acquisition) | Phone: +49 (0) 30 2005-58394
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.