As a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Global Pathology you will focus on a research project aiming to better understand the structural and functional changes induced in cells and tissues by RNA targeting therapeutics. The Institute of Veterinary Pathology, Vetsuisse Faculty Zürich, University of Zürich is Roche’s academic partner for this Postdoctoral Fellowship. The partnership with academia is an important aspect of our approach.
In this position you will:
- Investigate the presence and distribution of RNA targeting therapeutics in cells/tissues via advanced microscopic techniques
- Gain an understanding of the pathogenesis of oligonucleotide-related kidney and liver injury via the identification of specific markers of tissue damage and function over time
- Investigate functional end points of toxicity ex vivo (liver and kidney homogenates) using different techniques
- Investigate the effects on the innate immune system and macrophages/Kupffer cells using in situ markers of activation and functional tests (flow cytometry).
This position is sponsored by the Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and is initially for two years, extension for a third year is possible. You will be based in Basel, with regular stays at our academic partner in Zürich.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are a veterinarian with a postgraduate scientific degree in the field of (molecular) pathology (PhD or Dr.med.vet. with subsequent postdoctoral experience) and hold an international postgraduate qualification in pathology (DiplECVP, DiplACVP), or are eligible to sit the relevant exams.
You also have experience and expertise in the following:
- In situ methods for the identification of RNA/DNA and protein expression (immunohistology, in situ hybridization)
- Flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, transmission/scanning electron microscopy and/or laser microdissection
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
You have very good interpersonal and communication skills, are able to build good working relationships, and are a strong team player. Your experience and investigative mindset allow you to work independently, to design, perform, and interpret experiments, and to embark on new scientific methodologies.Please submit your applications comprising a CV, a list of publications and a letter of motivation.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Job ID No.: 3123766019
Contact HR: Darren Ferreira, Phone +41 61 688 2190
The next step is yours. To apply online for this position visit careers.roche.ch or click on the following link: www.roche.com/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-3123766019&locale=en&title=Postdoctoral%20Fellow%20-%20RNA%20targeting%20therapeutics
Roche is an equal opportunity employer